Director of Development
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
Do you have a desire to impact the lives of other and work for the world’s largest charitable organization that is "doing the most good?” The Salvation Army Metro Atlanta Area Command has a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Development.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, children’s programs and many other programs.
The Development Director position plans, develops, leads and supervises the development department for the Atlanta Metropolitan area which includes: donor services, public relations, community and corporate relations, grants, direct marketing campaigns, and major gifts. The incumbent will direct the selection, training and supervision of staff; develop, implement, and evaluate resource development strategies; ensures the highest level of quality in ongoing donor solicitation and recognition programs; monitors to ensure that the financial resources for facilities and programs are available to meet the growing need of the people that The Salvation Army serves; oversight of mission planning; facilitates feasibility and capital campaign studies.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• 7 years’ experience in a comprehensive development program with progressively responsible experience and demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising
• 4 years of successful leadership experience in the fundraising field and with a staff of 4+ employees
• Recent experience successfully working with leadership in a capital campaign environment
• Significant prior experience planning, developing, implementing fundraising strategies and determining their effectiveness in achieving short and long term goals
• Considerable experience with a donor/contact management system (CRM)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Experience or ability to work with boards, councils and committees with successful outcomes
• Strong desire to work for the mission and cause of The Salvation Army
• CFRE Certification preferred
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, full health coverage, retirement, professional development, and paid time off! For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Preferred Years Of Experience:7 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Academic Discipline:Business Administration
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Date Posted : 04/20/2018
Email your Resume
Share On :